Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What I've been working on: 9/15/15

I'm working on building a new desk.
This isn't it, this is the first step after dimensioning some of the lumber. This part is an over the desk shelf/hutch that will hold my Ikea Drawers and some plastic boxes above the desk. 

There may be some people who like it, but I'm building out of OSB because I already had a sheet or two of it on hand. 

When I first started I counted all the wood I had in my little shed, 51 pieces of sheet and board. I've decided it's time to quit waiting for the ideal project for each piece and just build instead. 

Sometimes you have to get creative with the clamps. 
















Just one more side (the bottom) and this part will be done, then it will start looking like I have something.

I was inspired to this design by this post on Apartment Therapy:
East Finalist: Tony and Hilary's 3 in 1 Studio
















Mine won't look this good.. Maybe in Version 2.0


No comments:

Post a Comment